Java SE 8 significantly changes the way Java Programmers write code. Earning a Java SE 8 Certification gives you the tools to make the most of the new features within Java SE 8.
The Java SE 8 Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) certification helps you build a foundational understanding of Java, while expanding your knowledge of general programming.
The ideal candidate who would earn this certification typically has a technical background and wants to improve programming skills, or may be new to object-oriented programming and Java.
Typical backgrounds include:
- System administration
- Technical writing
- Web development
- Technical management
- Project management
- Program management
Preparing for this certification cultivates in demand Java programming skills that will serve you well in a competitive job market.
- Create command-line Java applications
- Understand and apply Object-Oriented concepts such as Encapsulation, Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Use java types
- Create conditional statements and loops
- Manipulate Arrays and Collections
- Handle Exceptions
- Take advantage of new Java SE 8 features, such as Lambda expressions and Date/Time API
Candidates who earn the OCA are in a great position to earn the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) certification, as OCA is a prerequisite certification for those pursuing the more advanced OCP.
- Anyone who wants to pass the Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 8 Programmer Certification Exam.